At Cumbria CVS, we know that everyone’s training needs are different. Tell us what you want and our trainers will work with you to develop and deliver specialised learning that fits your needs.
Tailored courses at affordable prices.
Bespoke training delivered to Impact Housing
‘I really enjoyed the training. It was informative and matched what I needed to know about fundraising. It was in context of the work that I do and also the trainers were knowledgeable, friendly and delivered the session effectively.
It has also given me food for thought about where I may need to develop further.
If you need tailor made training at affordable prices, contact Cumbria CVS on 01768 800350 or email email@example.com
Blitz Data Protection – Fully Booked
Date: Wednesday 15th May 2019
Time: 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Where: Stricklandgate House
This session is currently fully booked however we are operating a reserve list. Please contact us to be added (see contact details below). If we have sufficient interest, it may be possible to offer an additional session.
This is a full day workshop for any individual or group in an organisation (large or small) who has responsibility for ensuring it complies with the new data protection regulations (General Data Protection Regulations – GDPR). It is practical and interactive.
Holding Effective Performance Reviews
Date: Wednesday 26th June 2019
Time: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Where: Cumbria CVS - Barrow
Using Appraisals and other reviews effectively to help boost employee motivation and performance
By the end of the session the delegates will be able to:
- Explain the impact of effective performance reviews on the employee and organisation
- Identify how official reviews, alongside supervisions and 1-2-1’s, form a key part of the ongoing, year-round development of employees, aligned to organisational goals
- Understand how to positively engage employees in the review process
- Structure reviews to ensure that maximum value is gained from the time invested
- Demonstrate effective questioning, listening and feedback skills
- Identify the key behaviours and motivations required from them as reviewers
- Understand how to create reviews that are not purely retrospective but also future-focused
This session is aimed at anyone who conducts performance reviews/appraisals including Supervisors, Team Leaders and Managers.
Institute of Leadership and Management Level 3 Award in the Management of Volunteers
Date: Wednesday 16th October 2019
Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Where: Penrith Rugby Club
A recognised qualification for volunteer managers
This course is for anyone working with volunteers who would like to gain a qualification and recognition for their role as a volunteer coordinator, leader, supervisor or manager of volunteers.
The course will be delivered over a four month period – October 2019 to January 2020, comprising of one workshop session (on 16 October) and four online webinars during October and November.