At Cumbria CVS, we know that everyone’s training needs are different. Tell us what you want and our trainers will work with you to develop and deliver specialised learning that fits your needs.
Tailored courses at affordable prices.
Bespoke training delivered to Impact Housing
‘I really enjoyed the training. It was informative and matched what I needed to know about fundraising. It was in context of the work that I do and also the trainers were knowledgeable, friendly and delivered the session effectively.
It has also given me food for thought about where I may need to develop further.
If you need tailor made training at affordable prices, contact Cumbria CVS on 01768 800350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Blitz Data Protection
Date: Thursday 20th June 2019
Time: 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Where: Cumbria CVS
This is a full day workshop for any individual or group in an organisation (large or small) who has responsibility for ensuring it complies with the new data protection regulations (General Data Protection Regulations – GDPR). It is practical and interactive.
By the end of the day you will:
- Have a good understanding of what GDPR means for your organisation
- Be able to reduce risk to your organisation and its clients
- Know if your existing documents are correct
- Have a personal action plan
- Understand the rights your clients and staff have and what to do if someone exercises a right
Why you should attend:
Are you not sure whether what you are doing is right? Are you doing something? Doing nothing or very little is not an option – sooner or later the legislation will catch up with you.
Holding Effective Performance Reviews
Date: Wednesday 26th June 2019
Time: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Where: Cumbria CVS - Barrow
Using Appraisals and other reviews effectively to help boost employee motivation and performance
By the end of the session the delegates will be able to:
- Explain the impact of effective performance reviews on the employee and organisation
- Identify how official reviews, alongside supervisions and 1-2-1’s, form a key part of the ongoing, year-round development of employees, aligned to organisational goals
- Understand how to positively engage employees in the review process
- Structure reviews to ensure that maximum value is gained from the time invested
- Demonstrate effective questioning, listening and feedback skills
- Identify the key behaviours and motivations required from them as reviewers
- Understand how to create reviews that are not purely retrospective but also future-focused
This session is aimed at anyone who conducts performance reviews/appraisals including Supervisors, Team Leaders and Managers.
Institute of Leadership and Management Level 3 Award in the Management of Volunteers
Date: Wednesday 16th October 2019
Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Where: Penrith Rugby Club
A recognised qualification for volunteer managers
This course is for anyone working with volunteers who would like to gain a qualification and recognition for their role as a volunteer coordinator, leader, supervisor or manager of volunteers.
The course will be delivered over a four month period – October 2019 to January 2020, comprising of one workshop session (on 16 October) and four online webinars during October and November.