Cumbria Action for Health
Cumbria Action for Health is a network of third sector organisations with a health, care and wellbeing focus.
You may want to join the Network if you work or volunteer for an organisation that:
Provides generalist health and care services including wellbeing services
- Has an interest in supporting people and communities to live healthy lives
- Has an interest in how health and care services are provided in their community or the people they support
Action for Health Network provide an opportunity for local organisations to connect – with one another and with colleagues from statutory health & care services.
It is a place and space for us to share a whole range of information about health and care services across the county with the sector.
And it provides our sector with an opportunity to develop and deliver a unified third sector voice in relation to health and care issues, concerns, governance and structures across the county.
The Network gives groups the opportunity to:
- promote themselves
- find out about support, training, key contacts and good practice
- keep up to date on health and wellbeing issues
- find out about local, regional and national policies and access information which may affect groups and their beneficiaries
- influence decisions made in Cumbria regarding health and wellbeing through consultations, and by representing the network at strategic meetings
The network meets on alternate months of the year, with additional events held as necessary.
The core membership of the network comprises of volunteers, staff and trustees from third sector organisations working in Cumbria that have an interest in health, wellbeing and social care issues.
Associate members from public statutory bodies also attend, as the programme for the network events is aimed at improving relationships between the sectors and sharing updates and information on key areas of interest.
As a member of the Networks you will receive:
- A regular Health and Wellbeing Bulletin
- Invitations to regular Network meetings
- Opportunities to attend other focused events
- Opportunities to be involved in co-production, development and planning of health & care services
Become a member
To join our mailing list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you want to join the Action For Health mailing list.
The Network is supported by the following staff from Cumbria CVS
Health Partnerships Manager – Clare Edwards
telephone: 01768 800350
Health Partnerships Administration Officer – Holly Ferguson
telephone: 01768 800350
Cumbria Third Sector Network
The Cumbria Action for Health Network is part of the Cumbria Third Sector Network.