Cumbria Action for Health
Cumbria Action for Health is a network of third sector organisations with a health and wellbeing focus. The Network was brought together to help enable third sector organisations to be effective planning and delivery partners in local health, wellbeing and social care initiatives and decision making processes.
The current focus of the network is on the big changes happening to our health and care system as it becomes more integrated. We aim to provide up to date information about and access to strategic managers from both health and social care services in Cumbria.
The Network gives groups the opportunity to:
- promote themselves
- find out about support, training, key contacts and good practice
- keep up to date on health and wellbeing issues
- find out about local, regional and national policies and access information which may affect groups and their beneficiaries
- influence decisions made in Cumbria regarding health and wellbeing through consultations, and by representing the network at strategic meetings
Action for Health is open to volunteers, staff and trustees.
The network meets at least quarterly during the year, with additional events held as necessary to help support the sector around the changes currently taking place around the Integrated Care Communities. There are networking opportunities for the membership at each event.
- Action for Health Network Xtra – 29 April at Newton Rigg College Click to book and more information
- Action for Health Network – 14 May at Newton Rigg College
- Action for Health Network – South Cumbria Update – 30 May at Coronation Hall
Network Chair: Mike Taylor, email@example.com
Network Co-ordinator Clare Edwards, Cumbria CVS Health Partnership Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
The core membership of the network comprises of volunteers, staff and trustees from third sector organisations working in Cumbria that have an interest in health, wellbeing and social care issues. Associate members from public statutory bodies also attend, as the programme for the network events is aimed at improving relationships between the sectors and sharing updates and information key areas of interest.
Become a member
You can join the various mailing lists here and select the networks you are interested in joining.
We also run a twitter profile and you can follow us here: https://twitter.com/ActionforHealth
Cumbria Action for Health Network @ActionforHealth
Cumbria Third Sector Network
The Cumbria Action for Health Network is part of the Cumbria Third Sector Network, and the specialist network for ‘Health and Wellbeing’.
For more information about these networks please click here.
Past Network E-Newsletters
(Click to download)
16 May 19 Email // Attachments