We offer a range of courses specifically for volunteers, from Active Listening to Food Safety courses.
If you do not see what you need, please contact us on 01768 800350. We can deliver professional bespoke training designed to fit the needs of your volunteers. Call us to discuss your training requirements and we will work with you.
Mental Health Awareness – Level 1 – Fully Booked
Date: Wednesday 16th January 2019
Time: 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Where: Penrith Rugby Club
This session is aimed at volunteers with local community groups who want to increase their awareness and understanding of mental health issues so that they can improve their own wellbeing and be better placed to support others.
Specifically the course will cover:
- what is meant by the term mental health
- the definition and causes of mental health difficulties
- common perceptions of mental health difficulties
- how stereotyping can affect perceptions
- where appropriate support can be sought and
- cultural diversity within mental health issues
The course is accredited by the Northern College of Further Education (NCFE), through Kendal College, and delivered by South Lakeland Mind.
Date: Thursday 14th February 2019
Time: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This session will help you to develop the confidence to deal effectively with a range of situations.
By the end of this session you will:
- have defined and measured your own confidence and self-esteem level
- have discussed the benefits of being more confident
- have understood the consequence of negative thoughts and how to overcome them
- have identified barriers to being confident
Date: Wednesday 27th February 2019
Time: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Where: Cumbria CVS
This is an essential training opportunity if you support vulnerable adults.
The training will cover:
- What is Safeguarding and Adult Protection
- Who is a vulnerable adult and what constitutes abuse
- Different types of abuse, how to spot it and what to do
- How to report concerns
- How to handle situations confidently and sensitively