Disclosure and Barring Service
Update: May 2023
We are pleased to be able to direct you to an on-line service provided by Community Action Suffolk, who are a very similar charity to ourselves. We believe this will offer the sector even greater value in the processing of DBS checks.
As this service is provided on-line, Community Action Suffolk are able to offer a far quicker turnaround which means that your staff and volunteers can get their checks completed sooner.
Other benefits include:
- No more paper forms and postage costs
- Information is checked during entry and flagged if something is missing or in the wrong format, so you get a 99% success rate with each application first time
- Saving on time and effort, so you can get of with other things
- Checks often completed in 10 days (dependant on speed of the local Cumbria police check element)
- Cheaper – a very competitive price
- Help and support just a call or email away
To get started with Suffolk DBS checks, contact:
Tel: 01473 345400
(Or just Google – Suffolk DBS checks and use their contact form)
Louise has already started taking referrals from Cumbrian charities and groups and will be happy to assist you.
Update: April 2023
After careful consideration, Cumbria CVS has taken the difficult decision to close its Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
From April 2023 we are no longer processing new applications for DBS checks. All applications sent to us after 7 April 2023 will not be processed. These will be held while we reach out to those organisations to confirm a returns process with them. Applications received before 7 April 2023 are currently being processed and we will complete these unless requested not to. If you wish to cancel your application with us, please let us know via email at: email@example.com
Although we will no longer be offering this service in-house, we have an exclusive offer for our members through a partner organisation. Please check back for updates as to when this will be live.
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. This has not been an easy decision for us to take.