Helping to transform West Cumbria
Cumbria CVS is a delivery partner in the Transforming West Cumbria programme. This programme, which is funded by Sellafield Ltd and the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) and managed by Cumbria Community Foundation, is taking on West Cumbria’s most entrenched social and economic problems and aims to put local people in charge of their own futures by empowering neighbourhoods to create transformational change.
Cumbria CVS will support community organisations across West Cumbria to build their resilience, capabilities and financial sustainability in a number of ways:
· governance – including review of policies and procedures; reviewing organisation legal structure; carrying out an organisational health check.
· trustee recruitment and training – including reviewing board skills and diversity; delivering roles and responsibilities training; developing and promoting trustee positions.
· business planning – developing appropriate plans and support with its implementation.
· funding – including finding potential sources of funding; support with completing applications;
· volunteer recruitment – including reviewing policies and procedures in recruiting and supporting volunteers; developing and promoting volunteer positions.
Cumbria CVS can also support West Cumbrian groups with:
· project monitoring and evaluation – including what data to collect and how to analyse it;
· digital skills – including how to use technology to run meetings/sessions; how to use social media;
· impact reporting – working with you so that you can demonstrate the difference you work makes to the people you support);
· providing opportunities for you to attend relevant training and networking events.
For more information about how to participate in Bedrock Basics, contact Bridget Johns on 01768 800350 or Gordon Henry: email@example.com
For full details on the Transforming West Cumbria programme, visit Cumbria Community Foundation’s website:https://www.cumbriafoundation.org/transforming-west-cumbria/
Bedrock Basics is funded by Bedrock:
Bedrock Basics is delivered in partnership with: Cumbria Community Foundation, Cumbria Exchange and Cumbria Social Enterprise Partnership.