Building Better Opportunities: My Future
My Future Project (formerly named Getting Cumbria to Work) is funded through the Building Better Opportunities programme funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund. The project received Emergency Funding and Extension Funding and so will now continue until June 2023.
We Can Help You
Do you want to improve your wellbeing but are not sure how? Then we can help!
We can help you feel better about yourself and improve your confidence. We can provide support to help you improve your skills and/or get new ones, try new activities and gain experiences-all helping you towards getting (back) into work. If you are currently not working, are over 18 years of age, and live in Barrow and South Lakeland, then we could provide you with FREE advice and support. Help available includes one to one or group support, mentoring, training, work experience, volunteering and much more. Contact us and see what we can offer you!
Our Delivery Partners
The project is led by Cumbria CVS in partnership with three local organisations across Barrow-in-Furness and South Lakeland, who are working together to deliver the project. Our delivery partners are:
Cumbria Alcohol and Drug Advisory Service – www.cadas.co.uk
Right2Work (Oaklea Trust) – www.right2work.org.uk
Women’s Community Matters – www.womenscommunitymatters.org
This project has had a large number of success to date – please read the attached Case Studies to see how participants have been helped and how this project may be able to help you:
- Eddie’s Change of Career
- Faten Plans her Next Steps
- Joanne Builds a Better Life
- Lina Finds her Purpose
- Mahmoud Finds His Way
- Sam’s Success Story
Find Out More
Contact us to find out how this project can help you or someone you know:
Visit Our Website: www.bbomyfuture.org.uk
Call or Text Us: 07462 055134
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employers Toolkit – How to Benefit from Having a Diverse Workforce
In partnership with Choices Cumbria project (LINK to Choices Cumbria Website) we co-produced a Employers Toolkit as we believe that everybody has the potential to secure and retain meaningful employment; that everybody should feel valued in the workplace and that everybody should have the opportunity to change their life by finding the right job. This can be achieved through inclusive recruitment processes, understanding barriers and creating a safe and supportive environment.
Our toolkit aims to provide local organisations and employers practical tips, tools and resources to understand those benefits and we hope it will be a valuable reference point during your journey to a more inclusive.
The BBO GCtW partnership created a film during 2020 to celebrate all of the wonderful work the project undertakes with the participants and showcase our successes.
Invitation to Quote for Final Project Evaluation
In line with our funder requirements, we are seeking to procure a single and experienced supplier to undertake our final project evaluation, who demonstrate their expertise and commitment to the following:
- Knowledge of European Social Funding
- Understanding of the My Future project aims and objectives
- Understanding of and experience working with the Voluntary sector especially in Cumbria
- Knowledge of Cumbria and specifically districts of Barrow and the South Lakeland, including the demographics, assets and challenges faced by those communities
- Ability to work well with the My Future partnership to gather data and feedback
- Working sensitively with project participants to gather and feedback data
- Completing services within the stipulated timeframe
- Delivering within budget with best value for money and working to tight timescales
- Adhering to confidentiality and data protection regulations
- The entire contract rate for this service is £15,000 including VAT: 50% to be paid upfront and 50% upon successful completion of final report Friday 17th February 2023- see tender document for further details of expected deliverables and deadlines.
- This is inclusive of all costs including travel, subsistence, equipment, and resources.
Please complete the Invitation to Quote and submit via email to My Future Project Manager Natalia Wealleans-Turner for the closing date of 5pm Friday 2nd September 2022