Front of House Supervisor
Organisation: Ulverston Community Enterprise
Salary Details: £17,316 per year pro-rata + 3 % employer pension contribution
Closing date for applications: 25 Feb 2019
22 hrs a week largely over evenings and weekends.
The Coro is one of the principal buildings in Ulverston and has the largest capacity of any hall in the South Cumbria area. It is managed, operated and maintained by Ulverston Community Enterprises and offers excellent entertainment. This includes performances by touring companies in the fields of music, comedy, theatre, festivals, ballets, family shows, panto and opera. We are also a lively community venue with events such as coffee mornings, bingo and fairs. We also hire space, including the main hall, for events such as birthdays, christenings and weddings.
The Front of House Supervisor supports the Front of House Manager to ensure the smooth and efficient day to day running of the Coronation Hall’s front of house operations . This includes providing a quality vistor/audience experience, running smooth and efficient bars and executing a huge diversity of events.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Act as duty manager during key performances and events as required
- To deal with all matters raised by members of the general public visiting the building in a constructive and courteous manner and when necessary
- Maintain excellent customer service for audiences and hirers of the spaces
- Work closely with other departments, particularly box office, to ensure events operate smoothly and efficiently ‘on the night’
- Supervise the smooth running of the bars & maintain high standards of hygiene, health & safety
- Responsible for safe and secure handling of stock and cash including following all till and cashing up procedures and ensure all staff are following these correctly
- Assist in the training of Bar Staff, Volunteers and Stewards.
- Participate in supervisions with the Font of House Manager and produce information or reports as needed.
- Undertake other duties as appropriate and in agreement with the Front of House Manager/Director.
- To work in line with the values of Ulverston Community Enterprises and all policies and procedures of the organisation.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of every area of Coronation Hall’s operations.
This job description is neither restrictive nor definitive. It is important to note that the responsibilities may change to meet the evolving needs of the services UCE provides.
CRITERIA and PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR THE POST OF FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER
You must have the following skills and experience:
- At least 1 year experience in a bar and hospitality environment including cash handling
- Demonstrable experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build close and productive working relationships with colleagues and customer
- Numeracy with the ability to use till systems
- Commitment to UCE’s mission, vision, values, aims, objectives and equal opportunities
- Ability to be able to work flexibly and to work the unsocial hours required of the role
- First class communicator; strong written and oral communications with a range of audiences
- A flexible and energetic approach to work schedules
- Ability to work quickly and professionally at busy times
- Collaborative approach with a strong work ethic
- Willingness and ability to work predominantly on evenings and weekends
To apply please send an up to date CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you feel you are suitable for this role. Please refer the essential criteria and person specification. If you would like to discuss the role at all please call 01229 588994 and ask to speak to Front of House Supervisor Lauren Ma.
We will be interviewing on a rolling basis from the 25th February and will appoint as soon as we have identified a suitable candidate so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.