Understanding and effecting real change for success in volunteer involvement
Date: Tuesday 20th November 2018
Time: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Where: Penrith Rugby Club
Address: Winters Park, Penrith, CA11 8RG
This training for Volunteer Managers will cover:
Understanding & Engaging 21st Century Volunteers – morning
This session will look at some of the key ways in which society is changing and how these changes affect volunteerism. We will discuss what leaders of volunteers can do to update their practices to accommodate these changes, further enhancing their engagement and retention of 21st-century volunteers.
Influencing to make change happen – afternoon
Establishing an effective volunteer engagement strategy is rarely a subject understood, focused on or taken seriously by senior managers. In this session, we’ll advise participants on how to influence and help their senior leadership gain a new perspective on volunteering and lay the foundation for the effective volunteer involvement.
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- An understanding of key social trends impacting on volunteering
- Explore what can be done to respond to these
- Reflect on the changes that might be needed in our own organisations
- Examine the importance of a clear purpose for involving volunteers across our organisations
- Clarify the change you want to see in your organisation and develop an action plan to realise that change
- Consider how your personal practice can influence change to create a more positive volunteering culture
This training is part of a National Tour. Cumbria CVS is pleased to welcome Rob Jackson to Cumbria, the North West of England as part of this tour.
Early Bird Booking available until Tuesday 6 November:
- Cumbria CVS members: £99 early bird. £120 thereafter
- Non-Cumbria CVS members: £120 early bird £145 thereafter
Lunch and refreshments included.
Who should attend
- Volunteer Managers
- Volunteer Leaders
- Individuals that have a responsibility for recruiting, managing and/or supporting volunteers
Places are limited. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
How to Book
All delegates must complete and return the enclosed booking form to:
- email@example.com or post to:
- Cumbria CVS, Shaddongate Resource Centre
Shaddongate, Carlisle, CA2 5TY
Alternatively, places can be booked (and paid) online at: www.cumbriacvs.org.uk
Any queries, please call 01768 817658
NB: Places cancelled two weeks or less before the course or failure to attend the training will result in full fees being charged for the training.
Bookings are closed for this event.