Supporting Vulnerable People during Emergencies
June 28, 2018
Date: Thursday 28th June 2018
Time: 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Address: Newton Rigg College, Penrith, CA11 0AH
Following the “Communities to COBR conference” last November, this event will look at who is most vulnerable during an emergency, and how those people can be effectively supported.
Aimed at community groups and voluntary organisations, this free event will help you to understand:
- Cumbria’s Emergency Plan, and how the response to an emergency is coordinated
- the information that statutory organisations hold about vulnerable people
- the additional knowledge your community or organisation might have regarding who may be vulnerable in your community and why
- what your community or organisation can do to support vulnerable people
- how to escalate concerns and get help for people when they really need it
- when and how data can be shared so that people get the support they need
Refreshments and lunch included.
Book Early. Limited Places available.
To see the programme for the day click here
Download a flier here
To book your place please download, complete and return a booking form here
* Cancellation policy applies. Visit www.cumbriacvs.org.uk
This event is part of our Rebuilding Together project, funded by the Big Lottery Fund
For more information please contact Cumbria CVS on 01768 800350 or email email@example.com
Please send completed booking forms via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or post to: Cumbria CVS, Shaddongate Resource centre, Shaddongate, Carlisle CA2 5TY