Mental Health Awareness (Level 1) – Fully Booked
November 15, 2018
Date: Thursday 15th November 2018
Time: 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Where: Cumbria CVS
Address: Lesser Kings Hall, 57-59 Hartington Street, LA14 5SR
This session is aimed at volunteers with local community groups who want to increase their awareness and understanding of mental health issues so that they can improve their own wellbeing and be better placed to support others.
Specifically the course will cover:
- what is meant by the term mental health
- the definition and causes of mental health difficulties
- common perceptions of mental health difficulties
- how stereotyping can affect perceptions
- where appropriate support can be sought and
- cultural diversity within mental health issues
The course is accredited through the Northern College of Further Education.
All attendees will be supported to complete a workbook during the session to achieve a level 1 qualification.
Trainer: South Lakeland Mind
This session can be provided as a bespoke session anywhere in Cumbria (in partnership with other local Mind organisations) at a date and venue of your choice and so if you have a group of 12 or more staff/volunteers, please contact David Beuzeval at South Lakeland Mind on 01539 740591 to discuss further.