Health & Safety in the Workplace – Level 1
Date: Wednesday 27th June 2018
Time: 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Where: Eden Rural Foyer
Address: Old London Road, Penrith , CA11 8ET
The QA Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF) is a nationally recognised qualification ideal for providing employees with a basic understanding of workplace H&S whilst helping employers fulfil their legal duties.
It is suitable for all employees working in a range of environments, as well as those returning to work or entering work for the first time.
The session will cover:
- Health and Safety roles and responsibilities of employers and employees
- The importance of health and safety in the workplace
- Workplace hazards and risks including slips, trips and falls; working at heights; manual handling; hazardous substances; machinery and vehicles ; electricity; fire; stress
- Workplace conditions that can affect health and safety
- Health and safety signage
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and its uses
- Importance of personal hygiene
- The purpose of first aid provision
- The need for reporting incidents and ill health
Early Bird Booking by Wednesday 13 June 2018:
£60 CVS members (*£75 thereafter)
£80 Non members (*£95 thereafter)
* Cancellation policy applies. Visit www.cumbriacvs.org.uk
Book and pay online: or complete and return a booking form with payment to:
Cumbria CVS, Shaddongate Resource Centre, Shaddongate, Carlisle CA25TY
Bookings are closed for this event.