Handling Challenges in Managing Volunteers
November 2, 2017
Date: Thursday 2nd November 2017
Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Where: Sunbeams Music Centre
Address: Redhills, Penrith, CA11 0DT
Working with volunteers is extremely rewarding, yet often involves handling unexpected challenges and managing demanding scenarios which we don’t always feel completely prepared for. This may include dealing with things that make us feel uncomfortable such as dealing with difficult behaviour, or providing volunteers with constructive feedback.
In this session, we will explore how Good Practice principles can be used to set out clear expectations with volunteers and help prevent issues from escalating, as well as supporting you to deal with existing issues by:
- Identifying the key skills needed to respond to these challenges
- Better understanding behaviours between volunteers and Volunteer managers
- Creating a culture of effective communication and feedback
- Approaching difficult conversations with volunteers sensitively
The session will use examples and scenarios to help promote discussion and encourage participants to share ideas and experiences.
Book online OR Complete and return a booking form to:
- Cumbria CVS, Shaddongate Resource Centre, Shaddongate, Carlisle, CA2 5TY