Date: Wednesday 20th February 2019
Time: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Where: Cumbria CVS
Address: Shaddongate Resource Centre, Carlisle, CA2 5TY
This session has been designed for any members of staff designated as fire wardens for their workplace – or looking to become this.
Delegates will learn about the causes and effects of fires, as well as how to prevent their spread and implement necessary emergency procedures. The course complies with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and covers:
- Relevant legislation and guidelines
- Preventing fires and the spread of them; Fire hazards and causes of fires
- Fighting fires with both fixed installations and portable extinguishers
- Emergency protocol, including evacuation, emergency lighting and assembly points
- Fire alarms and fire drills; Risk Assessment
- Understanding categories of fire and how they differ
- Meanings of the colour codes on fire extinguishers
- Regular fire safety inspections and keeping a fire log
Delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. An experienced trainer will guide participants through the session and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Early Bird Booking available
CVS members £50 per person (to 06/02/19) thereafter £65 per person
Non CVS members £70 per person (to 06/02/19) thereafter £90 per person
Book online OR Complete and return a booking form to:
- Cumbria CVS, Shaddongate Resource Centre, Shaddongate, Carlisle, CA2 5TY
Bookings are closed for this event.