Cumbria CVS AGM and Annual Conference 2018
November 8, 2018
Date: Thursday 8th November 2018
Time: 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Address: Redhills, Penrith, CA11 0DQ
Join us at our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and annual conference on Thursday 8 November 2018 at Rheged Centre, Penrith CA11 ODT from 9.30am – 3pm.
The event will start at 9.30am with refreshments and an opportunity to network. Following the formal business, we will take a quick look at achievements over the last 12 months, along with challenges and plans for the future. HM Lord Lieutenant of Cumbria, Mrs Claire Hensman will close this part of the day.
The conference element of the day will consist of presentations and workshops, with the presentations providing:
- National context : Jane Ide, CEO of NAVCA (National Association of Voluntary and Community Action) will set out the national context in which local voluntary and community groups are currently operating, and outline the challenges and opportunities facing the sector.
- Regional perspective: Mike Wild, CEO of Macc (Manchester’s local voluntary and community sector support organisation) will provide a more regional perspective looking at the context and challenges for the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector in the North.
- Local update: Cumbria CVS will conclude with a local overview of the current climate.
After a networking lunch, there will be an opportunity to attend workshops designed to support local organisations. Delegates will be able to attend two of the three workshops below:
- Governance: Choosing the right structure for your organisation
- Trustees: Board Diversity: striking the right balance
- Finance: Being in charge of the money: having the right people and strategies in place
We look forward to welcoming you all to this event – our members, other local third sector organisations and our partners from other sectors – as we look to the future together.
Please download our AGM flier here
Please book early – Please use booking form attached to secure your place.
Please note: there is limited display space available – it will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, with priority given to CVS members and third sector organisations. Please use attached booking form to secure your space.