July 13, 2020
Next Virtual Volunteer Managers Coffee and Chat
Thursday 6 August 2020, 11am-12noon
Topic: Recognising volunteers
We will be joined by Women’s Community Matters who will talk about their recent Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service and the nomination process for groups and organisations in Cumbria. This session will also explore the different ways of recognising volunteers both face to face and virtually and how important it is to recognise and value our volunteers. We will look at how recognising volunteers is a key aspect of volunteer retention. Come together and meet other Volunteer Managers in Cumbria to explore and share ideas on recognising volunteers.
For online joining details via zoom please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Volunteer Information Session
Friday 21 August, 11am-12noon
An information session for anyone interested in becoming a volunteer!
The session will cover:
- Volunteering, community action and being prepared for future emergencies
- Cumbria CVS Volunteer Brokerage Service
- Update with Covid-19 and current volunteering opportunities
- Staying safe during Covid-19 when volunteering
- Training opportunities
- Benefits of volunteering
- Volunteer Recruitment Process
To book and online joining details via zoom please email: email@example.com
Do you need to recruit more volunteers?
Cumbria CVS is producing a summer volunteer vacancy sheet to share with anyone interested in volunteering. If you do need volunteers and wish for your volunteering opportunities to be added to the CVS Volunteer Vacancy sheet then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Returning to Volunteering – For Existing Volunteers
Wednesday 16 September 2020, 2-3pm
This virtual session is aimed at existing volunteers. The session will cover:
- Understanding Covid-19 and the volunteering picture in Cumbria
- How volunteers can keep themselves safe and others safe when volunteering during Covid-19
- Understanding the importance of volunteer risk assessments
- Mental Health and well being of volunteers and others
- Training opportunities available for volunteers
- The importance of communication and assertiveness skills during the pandemic
To book and for online joining details via zoom please email: email@example.com
Next Cumbria Virtual Charity Shop Meeting – Friday 18 September 2020, 11am-12noon
This Cumbria Charity Shop Network meeting brings together Cumbria Charity Shop Managers or Volunteer Managers involved with recruiting or retaining volunteers for charity shops. This is an opportunity to share ideas and offer support in terms of shops re-opening after Lockdown. It is a great opportunity for charity shops to network and learn from each other. If your charity shop would like to join the next meeting, please book your place today!
For joining details via zoom please email: firstname.lastname@example.org