Development Support/Funding Advice and Support
Please find attached some resources to help you when establishing a new group:
We also have a number of resources to support groups which are available on our website including:
The delivery of our services will be in line with the advice below with support provided either by phone, email or other digital means. If you would like support with funding applications or with setting up a new group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01768 800350.
The COVID-19 Funders are committing to standing with the sector, offering reassurance and a commitment to be as helpful as possible during the coming weeks and months so that civil society groups can focus on the vital work of supporting communities.
This initiative, established by London Funders, now has 230 funding organisations signed up to a series of commitments which include a more flexible approach to activities, dates and how you are spending your funding throughout the COVID-19 crisis. Find out more here: http://covid19funders.org.uk/
Group/organisation support & development
Cumbria CVS development team provides information and development support for charities, community groups and social enterprises. We work with groups/organisations to enhance and develop their confidence, leadership and skills to develop their capacity to provide services within the community. We’ve worked with many new and established organisations over the years so we have lots of experience in helping build strong, healthy foundations for their organisations.
We can help you too so contact us if you’d like help with:
- setting up a new organisation
- choosing the right legal structure, including CIO (charitable incorporated organisation), a charitable company
- drafting a constitution or other governing document
- funding and sustainability
- writing a business plan
- registering as a charity and help with charity law
- roles and responsibilities of management committee members or trustees
- running your organisation well
- policies and procedures for staff and volunteers
- working with other organisations from building links to developing partnerships and mergers
- trading and generating income
- getting ready for commissioning
- issues around employing staff
- monitoring and evaluating what you are doing
This isn’t everything we do. If you’re not sure whether we can help, please do contact us. Even if we can’t help, we’ll probably know someone who can.
Call us on 01768 800350
How we work
We provide our development service in one to one sessions, by phone and by email. We can also deliver help through training sessions, workshops and surgeries.
We work to build independent, strong, healthy organisations. We aim to help you recognise your own strengths and learn how to develop your own organisation.
Organisational Health Checks
All third sector organisations need to ensure that not only are they providing the quality of service that meets their client needs but that they have all the necessary processes in place to ensure that their organisation is in good shape for the future.
Completing a Health Check will help check that your organisation is operating in the optimum way, meeting all legal requirements, operating according to good practice and will help to identify any issues you may need to work on:
- CVS Health Check – getting started is for new groups and small groups
- CVS Health Check – building up is for more established groups
Cumbria CVS Development Officers can assist you in this process and provide support to ensure your organisation is in the best shape possible to face the future. Call 01768 800350
You can download factsheets to guide you through the following topics: