Supervising and Supporting Volunteers – Fully Booked
May 11, 2017
Date: Thursday 11th May 2017
Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Where: Penrith Rugby Club
Address: Winters Park, Penrith, CA11 8RG
Providing effective support and supervision for volunteers is at the core of a successful volunteer programme. Balancing the needs of volunteers with the needs of the organisation can be challenging, and finding the best approach, combining the right amounts of both flexibility and structure requires time and continuous consideration.
In this workshop, we will explore some of the key challenges and identify the benefits of providing support and supervision for volunteers, focusing on:
- A range of methods, including 1-1 and group supervision, plus supporting volunteers remotely
- Design and content – the use of effective questions and the role of feedback
- Formal and informal approaches, plus how and when to be more
- Responding to volunteers’ changing needs and motivations
The session will feature examples and scenarios and promote discussion, encouraging participants to share ideas and experiences.
Trainer: Sue Jones
Early Bird Booking by Thursday 27 April 2017:
£ 60 CVS members (£80 thereafter)*
£ 75 Non members (£100 thereafter)*
Price includes lunch and refreshments
* Cancellation policy applies. Visit www.cumbriacvs.org.uk
Bookings are closed for this event.