Fire Marshalling – Fully Booked
Date: Thursday 23rd March 2017
Time: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Where: Sunbeams Music Centre
Address: Redhills, Penrith, CA11 0DT
This session has been designed for any members of staff designated as fire warden for their workplace – or looking to become this.
Delegates will learn about causes and effects of fires, as well as how to prevent their spread and implement necessary emergency procedures. The course complies with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and covers:
- Preventing fires and the spread of them; Fire hazards and causes of fires
- Fighting fires with both fixed installations and portable extinguishers
- Emergency protocol, including evacuation, emergency lighting and assembly
- Fire alarms and fire drills; Risk Assessment.
- Understanding categories of fire and how they differ
- Meaning of the colour codes on fire extinguishers
- Regular fire safety inspections and keeping a fire log
Delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. An experienced trainer will be guide participants through the session and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Early Bird Booking by Friday 10 March 2017:
£ 50 CVS members (£65 thereafter)*
£ 70 Non members (£90 thereafter)*
Price includes refreshments
Limited Places available
* Cancellation policy applies. Visit www.cumbriacvs.org.uk
This event is fully booked.