Covid19 – Funding Advice and Support (June 2020)
The Covid-19 emergency has created a funding crisis for many charities, social enterprises and community groups across Cumbria and has left many voluntary sector organisations across Cumbria struggling to continue to deliver services, pay staff and meet running costs.
Voluntary sector organisations are also rising to the challenge of identifying, developing and adapting to deliver their services differently and/ or delivering different services to meet the needs of people across the communities of Cumbria. Many people are relying on voluntary sector services now more than ever before.
Help and Support from Cumbria CVS
Cumbria CVS has dedicated Funding Officers to help your organisation or group.
· Help you to identify sources of funding in order for you to adapt and develop services or help your organisation to survive the current funding crisis
· Provide advice to you on what makes a strong (and therefore more likely to be successful) funding application
· Assist you by reading over and commenting on your application prior to submission to give your application maximum chance of success
· Help you by asking questions on your behalf to funders prior to submission where possible
· Help you to develop, write and submit funding applications where required if you do not have the capacity to do
· Help connect you with other voluntary, statutory or private sector organisations who may be able to be partners in your application or service delivery
If you would like our help, advice and support in relation to funding for your voluntary or community group or social enterprise, please contact us by emailing: CVSfunding@cumbriacvs.org.uk or call 01768 800 350.
We have a range of resources available to support your organisation:
Funding Focus a weekly focus on funding to support local organisations and keep you abreast of current and new funding opportunities. Please find latest editions here: Focus on Funding 28.7.20
Sources of Charity Funding Covid-19 – Details and links to emergency funding for charities – UK wide, UK country, regional, global, Government financial support, specialist funding and platforms.
Funding Application Checklist – When you apply for funding you need to convince your potential funders that you have a project worth funding. This checklist gives you advice to help enhance your application.
Funding Applications letters – Sometimes Charitable Trusts and Foundations will not have an application form but will ask you to apply in writing. This can seem daunting but, unless stated otherwise, your letter need not be more than 2-3 sides of A4 long. This guide covers the main points that the funder will need to know.
Funding Tips – If you’re applying for funding here are a few tips to consider when putting together your application.
Are you fit to be funded? – Before you even think of applying for funding, make sure that your organisation is ready to receive it. Funders want to know that you are capable of managing their money, that your organisation is fit and healthy, and that you have all the necessary policies and procedures in place.
We have also developed a local Funding Guide which can be accessed here
Meet the Funders
We run Funding Fairs around the county, so it’s easy to find one near you. You will meet local and national funders face to face and pick up top tips for raising money.
Due to covid 19 these have been postponed until 1 September 2020.
We offer a regular programme of funding training, including Writing Successful Funding Applications. Due to Covid19 these have been postponed until 1 September 2020 at least.